Thursday, March 23, 2006


Graduation Day!!

Today was Portia's last puppy class and we graduated! She has made such improvements over the last 3 months! Those of you who knew us when I first got her know the troubles we had. The shoes we lost to chewing, the remote controls lost to chewing, the books lost to . . you guessed it, chewing! It used to be you couldn't ever leave her alone for fear of what would happen, but now I sit here happily typing away on the computer while she is downstairs, unsupervised and I don't have to run to the landing every two seconds yelling 'What's going on down there?? You stop it, you stop it right now! Don't act like you can't hear me! DON'T MAKE ME COME DOWN THERE!!'

I wish I could say I'll miss those days, but I won't.

She's still a spirited doggy, apt to find something if you leave it out, but we can now leave coffee mugs on the breakfast bar and not hear a dog jump up, start to lick it and then knock it over!!

Now, while on a walk, she will sit when you stop, she always stays to the left side and she will heel when told. She can also 'lie down' and 'come here.' I'm so proud of her!

For those of you interested in her nose, no new developments lately, still waiting to see if the antibiotics will do the trick. We'll keep you 'posted!'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats to the graduate.

Heidi Schempp Fournier said...

What a great picture! Congratulations to Mommy and dog. Portia is very lucky to have someone who cares so much for here.