Thursday, March 16, 2006

I'm Tired!

So I have a long commute in the mornings and since I haven't yet bought the adapter thingy that will allow me to listen to my ipod on the way to work, I forced to flip through radio station after radio station trying to find something decent to listen to on my commute. And frankly, I'm royally pissed off! I get so irrationally angry while trying to find something I can listen to and not be annoyed at! I don't want to hear 'funny' phone calls to people who are just waking up out of bed (I know funny, I am funny and frankly, you are NOT!) I don't want to hear little kids reciting questionable lyrics to songs so that the unwashed masses can take a stab at it. I don't want to hear people call in and offer their inane opinions. I have my own inane opinions quite honestly and if you're one of the people who don't have any opinions of their own and have to borrow some from other people, you don't deserve to open your mouth to speak.

I don't want to hear surveys, contests, questionaires.

What do I want to hear?

Traffic report and music. THAT'S IT!!

And while I'm on the topic of music, this brings me to another peeve I have right now. I'm so sick and tired of hearing songs that I can't even listen to without getting infuriated at the lyrics. How is it that you can't show someone's ass on TV, but you can play a radio song that refers to me and all my other fellow women as b*%ches and H#'s and other unsavoury things? Kanye ain't saying I'm a Golddigger but I'm trying to pass off someone else's kid as his and soaking him for everything he's worth!! And Eminem (who normally I don't have a problem with, most of his stuff has got a good beat and you can dance to it) is telling me to Shake my A$$ and other stuff I can't even write here because the blogger police will flag it and shut me down! It used to be I only had to worry about being objectified by men but now I have to worry about being objectified by women too. The Pussycat dolls are saying that they don't give a hoot if you're looking at my beep, I'm gonna do my thing while you're playing with your beep (and yes, the song really does beep. In fact it's called Beep). And Fergie is telling everyone about her lovely lady humps and lumps (that sounds sooooooooooo unattractive!! What are we? Hunchbacks with a nasty skin lesion disease??EW!!)

I just want something you can cruise along to as I drive my 45min+ commute. I just want to ease into my morning without feeling my heart start to pound against my chest with rage. Honestly, I'm gonna have an aneurysm. I'll prolly get so upset one of these days that I'll accidentally crash my car because I was blinded by RAGE!! I'll go non compos mentis (check your latin dictionary) and have a FREAK OUT and start screaming and yelling at not-so-innocent passer byers!!

Can I count on y'all to be on my jury?? I figure I have a pretty good stab at a 'Not Guilty by reason of insanity' plea if people who've read my blog are on the jury.

2 comments:

Heidi Schempp Fournier said...

Okay, Marg, it is now time to stop debating the purchase of that adapter. Take it from one who knows, I listen to my iPod on my adapter as I drive to work and then I don't have to listen to the annoying sh@#%%^t! on the radio.

Just go buy it!

Anonymous said...

be like gomer. make a CITIZENS A-REST