Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Ladies, we have a winner!

So those of you who know me, know I love my makeup! Donna can attest to my tackle box full of cosmetics kept close to me at all times. Although, those who see me on a regular basis may question my use of it (okay - so I don't look like a movie star despite my obscene amount of makeup. What can I say? I have alot, I just don't wear it all at the same time!)

But I digress . . .

For as long as I can remember, I have been searching for that perfect mascara. The one that lived up to all the advertising. I've tried TONS! I've spent anywhere from $30.00 a tube to bargain discounts. And yes, I've tried Maybelline Great Lash. I don' t care who else loves it, it wasn't for me.

But yesterday I found the one!! Almay Triple Effect mascara! I put it on today and right from the get go, I was happy. There was no gloopy 'plock' sound when I pulled the wand out of the tube and I didn't have to scrape off 90% of what was on the brush just so I could see the bristles. It has a cute little brush with one short side and one long side. It went on like a dream and only had very minimal smudging as the day went on, which for me, was a miracle! Usually, no matter how much the product says it won't smudge, I look like a psychotic racoon by the end of the day. I've tried waterproof, smudgeproof, really expensive department store makeup, and they all smudged more than this. When you feel my lashes you can tell I'm wearing mascara, but it didn't pull off. And I didn't get big hunks of glop on my lashes that I then had to fix with a Q-tip.

This one's a keeper!!

My Desert Island List:
1. Almay Triple Effect Mascara
2.
Lise Watier Foundation (another drugstore find!!)
3.
LipSmackers - I'm an addict! and I'm turning everyone I know into one too (That's for you, Donna!) Available in tons of flaves. Currently in my pocket: Berries and Cream
4.
Mac Eyeshadow
5. Burberry London Perfume
6.
Bean Stock Soap

2 comments:

Heidi Schempp Fournier said...

I can't believe you are wearing Burberry, that is what I just changed to! So I am not sure I LOVE it, but I like it a lot.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I admit it. Margarita has turned me into a chapstick addict. And she's totally an enabler too! When I recently had a pretty rough medical test, she bought me a gift to cheer me up. What was it you ask? Yes, that's right. TWO, not one, but TWO new Lip Smackers. I now have a total of seven Lip Smackers. Sigh. Margarita, what have you done to me???