Thursday, January 25, 2007

When you need someone to tell you like it is!
We all need that someone in our lives who isn't going to take any crap, isn't going to fall for your excuses, and isn't going to let you sugar coat it anymore!
For me, I've got two peeps who fit this bill. They are 7 and 4 years old. They are my nephews.
The other day I was driving the 7 year old to skating lessons. I had put a towel down on the backseat to keep him from getting covered in dog hair, as my car is also a doggie taxi for Portia. I also commute for about two hours a day, so I have coffee cups, water bottles, sandwhich bags, candy wrappers, some grocery bags, maybe a shopping catelogue or two, an umbrella and several old travel mugs in my car (NB - this doesn't include the contents of my trunk - whole other blog).
When I opened the backdoor for my nephew I saw him look in the car and pause. I jokingly said, "Auntie Gita has a lot of stuff in her car, eh?"
He turned to face me and said, "Yeah, looks like a lot of junk!"
Truth hurts, mes amis. Truth hurts.

No comments: