Monday, July 30, 2007


A Week of Dad!
In order to commemorate the 1 year anniversary of my dad's death, and to celebrate his life, I bring you A Week of Dad!
Born in Greece, Dad moved to Canada in 1965. He only knew one word "Eggs" and he ate them for breakfast all the time, since he couldn't order anything else. He had his first meal at the Homestead restaurant, which he ended up buying.
It's pretty funny that a man who NEVER surfed the internet, never had an email address, didn't even know what Google was, is now posted on a blog for anyone to see. In fact, when I lived in Vancouver, my mum used to chat with me on MSN, and she tried to show it to my dad once, and he was pretty unimpressed, from what I hear, asking how she knew it was really me.
'Dad'ism of the Day: If you don't have at least $5.00 on you, the police can and will arrest you for vagrancy. Hence you must always have some "Walking around Money" in your wallet.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Margarita,
I've just read all of your commemorations to your Dad. Thanks for your humour and your descriptions. They are all very touching, hence the tears in my eyes. You are a beautiful writer. I'm sure your Dad feels the same.
Corinne