Monday, August 04, 2008


I love McDonalds. For as long as I can remember, I've loved McDonalds. I won't accept any trash talk about it.
What people most say is after they eat it, they feel sick. This has never happened to me. Everyone said that once I started eating healthy and swore of the McDonalds, when I went back, I'd notice how crappy I felt. Everyone talked about the movie Super Size Me, and I gotta say, I really didn't give a crap. It's not like I was going to have it three times a day for an entire month anyway.

Well, as it happened, I was off the Mickey D's for SIX WEEKS. Going to bootcamp, I wanted to see results, so I didn't indulge in the golden arches once. Not ONCE. I once mentioned to my bootcamp trainer that I loved McDonalds and that it never made me feel sick, and she said I should have it once and then come to bootcamp the next day and I would notice how crappy I felt and how hard it was to work out.

So there I was on Saturday, six weeks off the Mickey D's. So I went. and I got a big mac and fries with a large coke.

And you know what?

Everyone was WRONG! I felt fine. Better than fine since I'd had my Big Mac Fix. I didn't have a sick tummy, I didn't feel sluggish. Didn't feel all yucky, and the next morning I went for a run with Jenge, Natalie, Rocky and Portia and had one of the best runs of my training.

Fracking liars. All of you! You'll never get me to turn on my Chez Ron!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. In fact, the day after I felt quite invigorated. Plus ran the longest and fastest that I ever had in my life!