Saturday, February 21, 2009

Bootcamp Lowdown

So, as mentioned in the previous post, I am back at Bootcamp. Tuesday was my first day back and we did our usually fitness test.
1. How fast can you run a 1km?
2 How many pushups on your toes and/or your knees can you do in 1 minute?
3. How many crunches can you do in one minute?
4. How long can you hold "The Plank" [plank of death!]
5. How long can you hold "The Squat"

While my results were not as good as my last round of bootcamp, they weren't as bad as my very first fitness test, indicating that while I've lot a lot of what I gained, I'm not back at square 1. Whoot whoot.

Although..... after the fitness test we started working out and by Wednesday morning, my legs were so sore I was afraid I wouldn't be able to sit down on a toilet and get back up. Seems my legs had forgotten all about bootcamp. one of my fellow bootcampers [who is also back after a slight sojourn] noted that she thought she would need help getting her bra off after our pushup work out.

I was telling Michelle that her getting me fit has produced some kind of weird Trickle Down Regan-omics effect. Donna and I now go roller skating and for walks. And I've recently introduced the Thursday Nooner at work, where we go for a walk/jog/stumble around the neighboorhood. And while I still believe the over physically fit are peppering the world with LIES ["I just can't function if I don't get my 32 km run in!"] I have become a tentative believer in some of the propoganda. I find my body really doesn't hurt as much when I'm working out regularly.

Back at Bootcamp and training for my next 5km!

No comments: