Thursday, September 04, 2008

10 Things I love

In an effort to be [slightly] less negative, I thought I would counter the last post of 10 random things I hated with 10 random things I love. Once again, not a comprehensive list, nor the best of the best. Just a random list
10. A really good stretch after bootcamp. Feels so good!
9. Heinz Ketchup
8. Waking up and realizing I still have tons of time left to sleep. Or that it's saturday!
7. Running my hands under hot water when my fingers are cold.
6. new lipsmackers. Preferably purchased in a party pack of 10.
5. Crave Cupcakes.
4. The smell of fresh laundry
3. being smack dab in the middle of a really good book - I'm invested in the characters and there's still a whole lot of book left for me to enjoy.
2. new socks
1. how I feel after I've filled up on gasoline. I hate actually going to the gas station, but I feel so good about myself when I have a full tank of gas!

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Weird how we have many of the same things on our love list. :P I especially identify with numbers 9, 8, 7, 6, 4 and 1. My list goes:

10. A great run - the kind where your muscles and your breath are working together in perfect harmony
9. A great movie or TV episode - I can escape in the fantasy, but I can also appreciate the very real art and mechanics of all the elements.
8. Cooking something delicious, from the chopping to the tasting.
7. The first sip of an ice cold Coke from a can - the way the sugar and caffeine race through your blood stream all the way to your fingertips.
6. Clean sheets on the bed.
5. Driving - not traffic driving, not I have to be somewhere driving, just driving.
4. Let's face it. I love cheese. Haven't met a cheese I don't love.
3. Having a fantastic conversation with someone who has interests similar enough for the conversation to flow but different enough for it to be interesting.
2. Being absorbed in what I'm doing, whether it's work, exercise, or other unmentionable things.
1. Finding an article of clothing that fits just right for my body type - come on, you know how hard that is. Usually things are too short, too long, curve at the wrong part of the waist, cling to the wrong part of the hip, whatever. Finding something that fits like it was made for you - rare but awesome.

Hey, look at that. I feel like I could keep going. Thanks for making me think of happy things!